Saturday, January 30, 2010

robot tie


Forgive my work webcam pic, I'll post better pics of this soon with my friend modeling.

This is a tie I found whilst cleaning my mess of a room recently. It was going to be a gift for someone else, but the idea was too awesome to let gos. My Valentine, Dennis, promised to wear it all of the time if I made it, so here it is.

I drew the robot, then most of the pencil wiped away, so this was pretty much freehanded. Haha.

The robot ended up bigger than I planned (his claws extend on the other side of the tie) and there are only two claws per hand (I have been informed that robots have at least 3 claws on each hand). But, hey, I'm learning.

Anyone know where I can get cool blank ties to play with?

2 comments:

  1. That is fabulous! I have a friend who has a tatoo she drew that is very similar to this.

    And you can usually find old ties at the Salvation Army.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is badass.
    www.solidcolorneckties.com
    I am not kidding. haha

    ReplyDelete